Magiplug - Bath - White
Magiplug® is a bath plug which opens to let water out when the head of water over it reaches a certain level, intended to prevent bath overflow.
The design has a significant advantage over conventional (built-in) overflows in that the emergency outflow takes place under a very much greater head and thus at a very much greater flow rate.
The Magiplug will be able to "keep up" with continuing inflow to a greater degree than a conventional overflow. Magiplug® is constructed from moulded plastic parts.
The seal is maintained by a spring. Compression of this spring under increasing head of water over the plug eventually causes the plug to open, allowing water outflow. At some lower level, the spring will restore a closed position and will shut off outflow.
The plastic forming the open / close sealing plate has been modified by the addition of a temperature-sensitive colouring.
This aspect of design is to give an immediate visual indication of potentially over-hot bath water.
When the pressure plate turns green this can be taken to indicate water is at a safe temperature for those with fragile skin or reduced sensation.
How it works:
• When an unattended bath/sink/basin reaches a certain depth the Magiplug pressure plate opens and releases the excess water safely down the plughole, preventing a flood - this level is then maintained until the taps are turned off.
• Changes colour at 36°C to help prevent scalding
• Bath - Minimum depth 15" (381mm)
• Kitchen Sinks - Minimum depth 6.5" (165mm)
• Bathroom Basins - Minimum depth 5" (127mm)
Any bath/sink/basin measuring less than the depths above will be unsuitable for the Magiplug.
• The Magiplug fits most plug holes but will not fit extra-large plug holes with a diameter of 50mm or more.
Leef partners with Australia Post to provide you with reliable delivery & easy returns.
- We offer delivery to your door from $6.50*. *Metro Melbourne postcodes only. Click here to see delivery charges to other areas.
- All parcels are sent via ‘Parcel Post’ and include tracking.
- Orders are dispatched within 2 business days of you completing your purchase online.
- Estimated delivery times:
- Melbourne metro deliveries: 2 business days from dispatch from our warehouse
- Interstate metro deliveries: 3 – 7 business days from dispatch from our warehouse
- Country and remote areas: 3-15 business days from dispatch from our warehouse (times vary by region).
- We offer FREE returns to all our customers. You can purchase from us with confidence knowing that you can easily return an item if you need to.
- If you would like to return an item after you receive your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us during business hours on 1300 264 412
- For more details on our Easy Returns, please click here.