LIMITED TIME OFFER - Course is available for $299.00 FREE.
Its our way of supporting you while at home and in isolation.
This course is ideal for:
• Personal trainers
• Recreation/wellness directors
• Diabetes educators
• Health care professionals
• Walking/hiking group leaders
• Aspiring small business owners
“I found the course very informative and comprehensive, and the instructor was excellent. She made the course fun and interesting. I have been to a lot of courses and this one was one of the best. Nordic walking truly does give a great workout!”
Kristine, Waterloo, Ontario
Margaret Parsons, Ontario
• The Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
• How to teach the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
• Correcting poor technique
• Warm-ups, cool-downs, high-intensity exercises and muscle conditioning
• An introduction to the ACTIVATOR poles and walking technique
• Starting a series of classes
• Starting your business
• More materials
• 15% off on poles and accessories
• Monthly instructor newsletter
• Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CCU) from 12 associations; American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)*, Functional Aging Institute (FAI), canfitpro (2 for course + 4 for practicum), Canadian Centre for Activity & Aging (CCAA), Ontario Fitness Council (OFC) (4), British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) (4), Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA) (4), Manitoba Fitness Council (MFC) (3), Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) (3) Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) & YMCA/YWCA upon request.
This is a 2.5 to 4 hour course. The online course can be completed on your own timeline. You will receive a link via email along with a special password to view the course on your computer. Course chapters consist of videos and PowerPoint Presentations with audio.
Barb has been featured on the CBC, and in the Toronto Star and Globe and Mail Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college Cancellation Policy/Refund Policy: Course participants can expect a full refund (minus the $25 registration fee) up to one week prior to the course. Cancellations up to 48 hours prior to the course will receive 75% of the registration fee. With less than 48 hours notice, 50% of the registration fee will be returned.
Approved Provider status from (2019 – December 2022). Approved Providers and their content reflect the concepts of their respective organisations and do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of ACSM. Provider-ship # 843871. ACSM approved provider-ship of this program does not imply endorsement of the sponsoring organisation's products/services.
Announcements & Events
There are around 4.3 million Australians who have a disability. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is Australia’s latest support
Christmas is a wonderful time of year for friends and family to get together. While it’s a fun and festive holiday, gift giving can be a real
Whether you’re a local or just visiting for a weekend, Melbourne in the summertime is a buzzing hub of entertainment for all to enjoy. The city is
Thousands of Australians are living with limited mobility. Whether it’s resulting from an injury or due to a medical condition, having